Friday, August 10, 2007

Irony

I had somewhat of an ironic experience this morning. I check deseretnews.com every morning for news from the UT area. In all honesty, I have been expecting President Hinckley to pass away sometime soon, because of his age. It was a bit ironic that when I checked the web page this morning, President Faust was the one who has passed on first. Only 87 years old. I say 'only' because President Hinckley has a good decade on that. President Faust seemed so young at heart. Even though he's had back problems the last few years, I had no idea that his health would be declining so quickly because of his age. What a marvelous man he was! A great teacher and leader. The one talk that I can most quickly recal must have been from a Priesthood meeting where he talked about his wife, daughters, and grand-daughters making donuts for the men for when they came home from the meeting. I will miss his inspiring words during General Conference.

No comments: