Friday, February 6, 2009

A Frustrated Grump

Yesterday I felt like the biggest grump. It's been a tough week with school and tutoring. I think the kids have spring fever and are acting out more than usual. There were a couple of them who were outright defiant towards me. I couldn't believe it. Who taught these kids to defy authority like that? Everytime I would ask/tell them to do something, they would start with the excuses and tell me something different. They must think that I don't have eyes or ears of my own. I sometimes wish I worked in a different country where children are taught to respect authority figures. So, I've become a frustrated grump. Of course there are cute moments each day, but it always seems the negative outweighs them all.

Good news: I am unofficially accepted to grad school at USU in Logan. There are some things I'll have to do before I'm officially admitted. I don't know what that is yet, I haven't gotten the "official" word from them. I just saw it online under my application. Now I have a future!

5 comments:

LauriJo said...

"Don't worry, be happy." Congratulations on USU, I have applied there for grad school as well, but I have not heard yet if I am accepted or not. I will have to wait and see. I am coming to visit over valentines weekend, and am very excited about it!

Kristin said...

Congrats on your unofficial acceptance!! Good luck with the kids. Eli would say "pray for love!" Good luck!! love ya!

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Going to grad school! That's pretty awesome!!!

The Leithead Family said...

Congrats on Grad School! That is exciting news!!

SophistiKate said...

yay! Grad school!! Go Shawnee! I am so happy for you! :)