Saturday, November 29, 2008

Giving Thanks

The other night I was thinking about the ladies in my ward who I look up to. I thought this would be a great place to give thanks to them. (no particular order of gratefulness)

-Shelly Reasch was a young women's leader for the latter part of my high school years. She taught me so much about patience (dealing with so much drama from us), unconditional love, a testimony of the gospel, and so much more. She truly helped me gain my own testimony.

-Kathy White is so humble. She always has a ready compliment to give, but I've noticed has a hard time taking them herself. :) If she is accompanying anyone fromt he piano, she makes them sound so much better than they ever possibly could on their own. She always has a hug and a smile for me.

-Marla Leithead is very willing to serve wherever needed. I mostly remember her being the pianist for for our ward's primary. She has the patience of Job, which I was reminded of a few weeks ago when I played in primary. Whenever I think of her the words "quiet reassurance" come to mind. She always has this way about her of being confident without overbearance.

-Karen Christiansen was also a young women's leader for a long time. I mostly remember her lessons being fun, yet spiritual. We had a large class and she always helped us feel the spirit.

There are so many more, but these are the ones that I am truly grateful for this year. Without them I wouldn't be the person I am today. So, thank you, ladies. I love you.

2 comments:

nina said...

I love all of those women too, and I had some of them as my young women leaders. They truly have changed a lot of lives.

Kathy said...

Well, my love, I am very touched by your words. I was looking up at you at church today and thought how pretty and classy you looked. Your prelude was beautiful today. I see a lot of myself in you at your age. Try to be patient with your hopes and dreams and one day you'll find love and happiness. I did, but it seemed like oy yppl forever. Thank you for the sweet words. I have to agree about Shelly, Marla and Karen - they are kind angels in our world of strife huh?
Hugs...luvs...