Monday, September 24, 2007

A first of many

The weekend, I think, is a first of many time-consuming events. Friday evening was spent helping a friend paint at a new children's museum in town. We were supposed to go to dinner and a movie, but the painting took quite a long time. That's usually what you get when there are 5 people trying to do one job. The movie was ousted, and we just went to dinner after the painting spree. We still had a good time. Saturday was a long day. I woke up early for a literature conference we had on campus. I left early so that I could meet up with Patricia and her kids for a few hours. I would have liked to spend more time with them, but I still had a million and one things to do. From there I went to Marianne's to do laundry, prepare a lesson, and do homework. Amazingly, they all got done. For the most part, anyway. I still have homework to do, but I got a good chunk done that night. - I think the rest of my weekends during the semester will take on a similar format. Because my weeks are taken with classes, everything else gets pushed to the weekend. I wish there were 3 more hours in a day so that I could get everything done that I need to. Guess I had better start applying my time management skills. Ba humbug.

No comments: