Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Who's going to marry you?

Lately, my 4 year old niece has been concerned about who will marry me. I think her real concern is when she can next be a flower girl. This is a conversation we had a few days ago.

Hannah: Shawnee, who's going to marry you?
Me: That's a really good question, Hannah.
Hannah: How about Kirk? (My youngest brother.)
Hannah's mom: His name might be Kirk, but it won't be Uncle Kirk.
Hannah: Oh. Well, who's going to marry you then?

Another conversation the next day.

Hannah: Shawnee, who's going to marry you?
Me: I don't know, Hannah. Maybe no one.
Hannah, with a confused/concerned look on her face says: You can marry my daddy.
Me: He's already married.
Hannah: That's okay. He can marry you, too. Can I be your flower girl?

Too cute.

1 comment:

SophistiKate said...

That's cute. I'm asked similar questions by my nephews. I think they are just excited about the party afterwards with the treats. Sigh...