Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dreams

For those of you who know me fairly well, you can attest to the fact that I have weird and vivid dreams almost every night. At one point in my life, while working at BYU, a costar would automatically ask me every day what I had dreamed the night before. And usually I could remember.

Last night's dream was a doozy. It started out with me being at church in my single's ward. Then, all of a sudden, our ward was in a huge arena (much like the Marriott Center at BYU). My bishop then announced that instead of having normal meetings, we are going to have a stake conference. The arena begins filling with people from other wards. Our speaker then arrives, with much applause (which doesn't normally happen during church meetings). It's Dr. Steven Covey. He shyly smiles while the crowd goes wild. Soon, we begin to hear music and Gladys Knight is on stage grooving to "Amazing Grace". I yell to my neighbor over all of the loud music and clapping, "My mom is going to be SOOO jealous." During all of this, Janice Kapp Perry also makes a showing. During her singing, the congregation decides to put on a show of dancing. I was so flustered because everyone around me knew what to do. But I had no clue! So I stomped around holding my scriptures and wallet. At one point, one of the performers took my scriptures as a prop. They're brand new, so I was NOT happy about this. I finally found them at the end of everything, and was back at the church in my home town. I couldn't remember where I had parked. So, I waited for the parking lot to empty out to see if I could find my car quickly. It was snowing hard, and I couldn't find my car. So, I ended up walking to my mom's house, in the snow, in heels.

Very strange dream. Wonder what it means?

2 comments:

nina said...

Hmmm... maybe that your so excited about your new scriptures that it makes you want to sing and dance, and if something happens to them and you can't find them it would be so miservable that it would feel like torture (maybe like walking home in snow and high heels).
Ha ha... I don't know.

Geraldine said...

I'm glad you made it home!