Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Loner of Logan

So it seems I'm destined to be alone....all of the time. I planned on going home - almost (Gillette) - for my newest niece's baby blessing. On Tuesday I realized I had a heck of a paper due next week and there was no way I would get it done if I spent the weekend playing with the nieces and nephews. So, I made the decision to stay in Logan. Alone. Even though I know it's what I need to do, it's still tough not to be with my family when they are all together. I keep thinking that in the long run, family is what's important. But then I also know I need to take my education seriously. Tough decisions. Needless to say I am REALLY bummed about not being with them this weekend. I just couldn't justify spending 18+ hours in the car when I could use them for writing my paper. *sigh* Here I go on to face my lonesome weekend. (Not that it's different than any other weekend I spend in Logan.) I made sure to tell my mom to pinch all their bums for me....'cause they're just so cute!

On a brighter (sort of) note, I did get a new calling in my single's ward. It's probably the lowest calling on the totem pole, but that'll be fine, I guess. I'm the new chorister. No, I don't get to pick the hymns, the bishopric will do that. No, I don't get to lead the choir, there's a different chic for that. All I get to do is wave my ugly arm for 3-4 songs each Sunday. That's it. Nothing more. Kinda lame and it doesn't really get me involved. Plus, I won't get to sit with people during Sacrament meeting. At least I have a calling in this ward. Last year I didn't and it was a bit strange. (By the way, this is the ONLY thing I marked 'no' on in my info sheet....I HATE leading music during church. Guess that'll teach me to say no.)

1 comment:

SophistiKate said...

Hey, remember how I lead the music in sacrament meeting in our ward for about three years... I hear you loud and clear and that one. I was hoping that my gorgeous face (:P) would entice some dates. It never did. Better luck to you! I finally went to the Bishop myself and told him I needed a different calling. Or just to be released...meh. Sure miss you!