Friday, June 24, 2011

Memories: Dragging Main in the Cold

The 'cool' thing for high school kids to do in my hometown is drag main. This consists of driving from one end of town to the other on Main Street. My friends and I didn't do it often because we couldn't afford that much gas. Every once in a while after a basketball game (especially after a win) my friends and I would drag main, roll down the windows, and turn the heat on full blast since it was usually freezing outside. We would scream as we passed people. We never lasted long with the windows down all the way...too cold in the middle of winter in Wyoming. I can still smell the heat, the cold, and whatever smell the Zeller's cars carried from collecting honey during the summer.

2 comments:

Suzette said...

Dragging main was the cool thing in Idaho too....which is why I never did it. Ha. Suzette

Sarah said...

I remember stopping at the hill on the East end and making grunting noises!! Fun Memories!!