Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Memories: Snow Fun

When we lived at our old house on Oregon Ave., we would play in the snow a lot. I remember one particular year we built a snow fort. Really all we did was make an outline of a house in the snow while packing up some snow for the walls (which were only about 2 inches high). I'm pretty sure we did this in the fall with the leaves too.

I also remember that my dad would get his big snow shovel out, let us sit on it, and then take us for rides around the yard. The year I was too big was a sad one for me. I had to sit and watch as the boys got rides around the yard. I completely understand now how difficult it would be just to take a small child around on a shovel. Not exactly the most comfortable tool to pull around.

I know that one year we built a snowman in the back yard. I don't remember it, but we have a picture of it. It's face was made out of yucky tomatoes that didn't get picked from the garden. It was a scrawny thing (not much snow).

While I was on my mission I received a picture in a letter of the boys (Mike, Bryan, Seth, and Deloy) with a HUGE, GIANT, MONSTROUS snow man they had built in my mom's front yard. Seriously, Seth was sitting on a normal sized ladder, and he wasn't even as tall as it. I would have enjoyed seeing them build that thing.

No comments: