Saturday, July 9, 2011

Annual July 4th Mayes' Breakfast

The morning of July 2nd we had our annual Mayes' breakfast where the extended family usually gets together. LeRoy, Clarence, Lloyd and Isaac made a wonderful breakfast, with the help of Claudia and my mom. I'm not sure how many people were there, but it was pretty full with all the kids running to the park and back to the pavilion. I've noticed in the past, but it was really apparent at this breakfast, too. It seems that each family prefers their own people over mixing with the others. We all sat in our family units, even though there were others to visit with. Often, we even sit in our smaller family units. I think it's a bit ironic that we have these large gatherings to see each other but we often don't visit with those outside of our own family. Here are some pictures from the breakfast.

Isaac, Lloyd, Clarence, Leroy


Kirk

Whitney and Wilson
Wilson was pretty solemn that morning. He's usually a happy pretty kid. Not sure why he was like that, but I kind of enjoyed him cuddling with me.

Don and I

"The Singles"
Don, me, Seth, Karren, and McKay

Sadie Reynolds
I just thought this was too cute.

No comments: