Thursday, July 28, 2011

A little bit of Billy

Growing up my Dad and I didn't see eye to eye many times. Some of my best memories, though, are of playing music with him. He went through a Billy Joel phase when I was in my teens. Especially the "River of Dreams" music. He would turn it up loud and play along on his keyboard. It was awesome.

One of my favorite songs from the CD is called Lullaby. I downloaded to my IPod this week. Last night as I was winding down from my day I decided to listen to my IPod, which I hardly ever do when getting ready for bed. As I went to lie down this song came on. It was kind of like getting a goodnight hug from my Dad.

(The music is off a bit in the video...not really cued up correctly, but you get the idea.)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh Shawnee! I love reading your posts and memories from your past! What a sweet song to remember your dad and get that big hug from him. A perfect expression of love.

Linda said...

That is so sweet. Richard just commented the other day how much he misses listening to your dad play.