Saturday, October 26, 2013

Christmas on Temple Square

Last December, my mom got some tickets for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert.  It's an amazing thing with how many people enter for the opportunity.  She flew down during final's week to spend a day with me before the concert.  We got a hotel that night in Salt Lake so we could leave directly from there for home since I was done with school.  I was pretty sick (walking pneumonia) and so I didn't have as much fun as I possibly could have.  I tried not to be a party pooper so my mom would have the wonderful time she deserved.  It was a rainy night, but not too cold, so we walked around Temple Square for a bit between dinner and the concert.  We went to the visitor centers to warm up on the way.  The concert, of course, was amazing.  Alfie Boe is a tenor and has an amazing voice.  My favorite piece was I Wonder as I Wander.  So tender.  Tom Brokaw was the narrator for the evening.  He told a story of a man who during WWII would fly over crowds and drop candy from the planes.  It was a very touching story.  It was an amazing evening.  Glad my mommy asked me to be her date for the night.






1 comment:

nina said...

Gorgeous pictures!