Thursday, February 27, 2014

A wedding

My mom and Ed Allred got married March 29, 2013.  It was a quick courtship and took everyone, including them, by surprise.  It was fun to get calls from my twitterpated mom.  Her giggles were contagious.  Everyone kept asking how I felt about everything.  Honestly, I wasn't okay with it at first, but because Ed is such a great guy and I knew he would treat my mom well, I became okay with it.  Everything was weird, the wedding, and everything.  Not so much anymore.

The wedding was a wonderful occasion.  Lots of family came into town for it.  Most of that family stayed at the house.  My mom and Ed were MIA most of the time.  Their excuse was to go out to his house to 'feed the dogs' but would be gone for hours at a time.  I became the hostess at the house, feeding the masses.  And there were plenty to be fed.  Needless to say, it wasn't a relaxing weekend for me.  But it was great to see so much family for such a happy occasion.

Aunt Laretta and Uncle Richard

B-ry and Aunt Susan

Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Gilbert

The girlies

Ed and Mommy


Steve and Kate


Bryan, Chels, and the H's

With Sariah, Ethan, and Bekah

Erik, Sandy, Sariah, Ethan, and Bekah

Mike, Nicole, Wilson, Weston, & Whitney



With all the kiddos.  There were a couple who didn't want to be there.  It had been a long weekend.

All of us

Kirk and I


Kannon, Seth, kristin, Mom, Ed, Calli, Kaydree, & Kennadee


These are some bells that Grandma Mayes made when I was in high school.  I saw them and said how pretty they were and that they would look great on a wedding cake.  She gave them to me for my next birthday.  Since I haven't had the chance to use them, Mom used them on her cake.

Auntie Juanita made the cake.  The doll was one the Grandma Mayes made, too.

Susan and Erik helping make the relish trays.

Me with the kiddos.

1 comment: