Thursday, October 11, 2007

Compelled to be Humble

It's been a week of being compelled to be humble. It seems that everywhere I turn I am being told to repent. I'm trying! It started out over the weekend with general conference. I know there were other messages told, but I just heard that I'm wicked. ;) This week in my scripture study, it seems that no matter which page I turn to, the highlighted words on the page are telling me to repent. I've tried to find pages without those words, but they don't seem to exist this week. The lesson I'm teaching on Sunday is about reconciling ourselves with God, basically repentance. I almost threw the book onto the floor when I saw the title. I get it already--I am wicked! Last night I was feeling -- I am not sure how to describe it. Pretty much I was tired of being told that I was wicked. I needed some love. Finally, I was flipping through my scriptures and came to D&C 6:33-36, which reads as follows:

33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

Just what I needed. A reminder that I need to be focused on Christ and not how dumb I am sometimes (okay, most of the time). Comfort indeed. I was feeling good when I went to bed last night. Then this morning, I woke up at 7:52. I'm supposed to be to work by 7:30. Hopefully I don't get into more trouble than I already am at work. Guess we'll see how the day pans out.

No comments: