Monday, October 8, 2007

Prayer of the Faithful

So, I was lying in bed last week around midnight, trying to go to sleep. (Usually I am so tired by 10:30 I don't have much of a problem going to sleep. Last week was completely different. I didn't get tired until after midnight each night.) I kept thinking, "Heavenly Father, I have been praying to be able to go to bed early and wake up early in order to get the most of each day. Why am I not able to go to sleep?" The thought then came to me that I am praying to go to sleep, but I wonder if someone else is praying that I'll be able to stay up late in order to finish my homework and all that I have to get done. I found out that my parent's have greater faith than I do. It was their prayers that were being answered. I thought it ironic that they would be asking for something along the same lines as me, but just a different time frame of the day. I have set them straight. They are now praying that I can fall asleep around 11 and wake up around 6:30. So far, it's worked. You just gotta make sure that the people with real faith are asking for the things you need. Since my faith is still week, I will be going to my parents for much help in the prayer area.

Prayer definately works. I have been having some troubles at work lately, and it all came to a head on Friday. I had a bit of a tought conversation with a coworker. They wanted to discuss the rest of it today. All weekend I was sick about the conversation that was to be. I went to the temple on Friday night, had my brother give me a blessing, and my family has been praying with me all weekend that things would work out okay. I must say that I was surprised, even though I shouldn't have been, that things really were okay today. I think part of it was my attitude, knowing that this coworking doesn't have control over that. I know that the majority of it was the prayers by my family. I am so grateful that they are willing to petition Heavenly Father in my behalf. It really has worked for me. Now if the prayers about a boy named Tyler will come true. . . .:)

No comments: