Friday, December 14, 2007

Good-byes

There are the good-byes that you are grateful for, like the annoying roommates who haven't cleaned up after themselves all semester, and then there are the good-byes that are sad. I had to say good-bye to 2 good friends yesterday. Andrew and Kandyce have been friends for most of my life in Rexburg. They are moving to southern Utah and I'll miss them so much! I hardly ever cry, but I cried when I said good-bye to them. Sad, I know. They've been such a support to me. Pretty much they are the affirmation I've needed to get through with my job. Such good friends are few, which when I think about it seems wrong. I should have more good friends like them. I guess I do, but I have said good-bye to them previously. I guess these would be considered by good Rexburg friends. Sigh.

There are others from my job that I will miss. I'll miss Eric's wanna-be "I'm from the projects" dancing. William's hunger for food, and his willingness to feed me when I go get food. Josh's whininess about how students just don't get it. I'll miss Suzette's and Joelle's laughs. Darin's large vocabulary words that he has to define for me, and then define his defintions because those had large words as well. Rhonda's silly stories about her life--she has a real talent for story telling. Kendall's "I'm happy today." Kip's easy-going attitude. Mark's poems. Judy's last-minute crises. Steve's kind ways of implying that my life is weird. Jack's dancing and prancing. Jim's and Matt's never-ending search for food. Paula's teaching me of how to swear like a champ. ;) I'll miss a lot.

1 comment:

Meridith said...

Shawnee,

Just wanted to wish you a happy last day of work! I'll miss you so much!!

You're wonderful.

~Meridith~