Sunday, June 29, 2008

Memories

Lately I have been remembering times from my youth--mostly about hanging out at Grandma's house and things that went on there. It's probably because I'll be moving back there soon. Some of the fun (and some not so fun at the time, but now I look back with a smile) are:

-Popcorn and the Wonderful World of Disney on Sundays
-Kickball with the rhubarb bush as the pitcher's mound
-Climbing Anderson's tree and then throwing popscicle sticks at the kids at the bottom
-Sledding on the mountain
-Having car troubles after sledding on mountain (how many transmissions were blown?)
-Grandma reading scriptures at the table
-Grandpa flooding the yard with well water
-Grandma's "If you play rough, you'll get hurt rough"
-The boys making me cry every Sunday (Adrin once told me it was a goal of theirs)
-Candy letters to missionaries
-Rubbing our feet on the "new" carpet to get staticky, holding hands, and seeing if we could shock down the line
-Christmas Eve traditions

Anyhow, just some good memories to keep me company lately. Let me know what you remember.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Shawnee, I have a question. I posted on the family blog and within a few moments I had two comments which are "spam" of somekind and I don't know how to get them off. Do you know what to do or can you get them off?

nina said...

I remember that Grandma used to watch Matlock while I was playing with the twin dolls "Peaches and Patches". Sometimes I'd go over and try to watch Matlock and Grandma would hurry and change it, I thought "Oohh, Grandma must be watching a PG13 show." Now that I'm older I laugh everytime I see a rerun of matlock and think that I ever thought it was "riskee".