Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some "one"

Warning: pitty party ahead

I've had a lot of time to think recently (thanks to insomnia). The other night I had a bit of a pitty party. You know how people usually have a person they turn to at times of trial, or the "one" they love the most (spouse, parent, sibling etc.)? I realized that I have never been anybody's "one". I have been 2 and 3...quite a few times. But never "one". It was kind of sad to realize. Bad pitty party, eh? To all of those who are a some "one", be grateful for those in your life. It can get mighty lonely otherwise.

The end: pitty party over

2 comments:

Linda said...

All right lecture time. Are you not someONEs daughter, someONEs sister, someONEs friend, someONEs aunt,someONEs niece, someONEs visiting teacher, someONEs perfect stranger that was kind to them, someONEs spirital child, someONEs future wife, someOnes future mother.
Should I go on. In God's timetable we are down here on this earth about 2 minutes. Keep your vision of what's to come, because it is some ONE long eternity. Things are not all that they seem with other people that seem to have that "one" in their life either. My patriarchal blessing says that I will be very lonely in my life. Where do I turn for comfort? Turn to the Comforter! I haven't told you this before Shawnee but I'll tell you it ONE time. I love YOU. NOW LOVE YOURSELF!

nina said...

Wow, it must have taken my mom a lot of time to capitalize all those "ONES" she must really love you Shawnee, and so do I. Well said Mom.