Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It CAN get worse

I am in the middle of packing to move home and finals for my Stats class. Plus, I haven't been feeling all that well. Insomnia really doesn't sit well with me. Well, I didn't think my life could get much more hectic/worse. Well, I thought wrong....

Tonight I borrowed some paint from a good friend (THANK YOU KATIE) to do some touch-ups in my apartment where the tape tore off some paint. It was going so well....until I stepped off my couch (I was painting a wall behind it) into the new bucket of custom paint. As you can guess, it splashed everywhere! White paint....and I was about 5 feet from my door. I tried to scrape as much as I could off my foot into the bucket and then hopped outside to wash my foot at the outside spicket. There are now white footprints leading from my apartment to the spicket.

Then I had to try to clean the carpet. One hour and a lot of tears later, it seems to look better. It will be a shade lighter than before, either from all of the soap I poared onto it and it cleaned it, or more likely because I couldn't get it all out. Of course my managers are out of town so I can't get to the carpet cleaner they keep on hand. And I wasted a bunch of the custom paint I borrowed. I would say it can't get much worse, but we know where that will lead.

4 comments:

Kamey V said...

You should've come and got me!! If you need anymore help, let me know. We will definitely miss you, especially Makeila!!! I hope all goes well with you.

Linda said...

I feel for you. Cleaning up a paint spill on carpet is like trying to stop a bleeder. It just seem to keep coming the more you dab at it and you never can get it completely cleaned up you just have to stop when you've had enough. Look at it this way the new occupant will thank you when they get new carpet.......sooner.....thanks to you:)

Kamey V said...

We miss you already!!! I saw people moving in yesterday, and I was sad. Makeila always loved to see you. I hope all goes well in Wyoming. Thanks for being a great friend.

nina said...

That really stinks. It seems like just when you don't have the time for anything to go wrong, everything does!