Monday, September 15, 2008

Working Woman

I started work at my new job today. I am an aid for special education at an elementary school about 5 miles from home. It's only part-time, but better than no-time. I was also asked to head up a tutoring program at a middle school...it's called the homework club. I'm actually getting paid more for that than the aid position. I'm just grateful to have some sort of income. It was a tiring day. I'm ready for bed. But, I must get going on studying for the GRE. Bah humbug.

Last week I went and visited my brother Bryan and his family who live 4 hours away. I would love to upload some pictures of the kids, but I am still unpacking some things. I'll try to do it next time.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Exciting to have a job! We miss you already but I'm sure it feels nice to be getting on with another phase of life. How are all your nieces? Thanks for keeping us posted on your blog!

Linda said...

Hey what school are you teaching at?
congratulations.

nina said...

That's great that you have a new job. I think it will be nice for you to have something to do during the day.