Friday, September 26, 2008

Controlled Chaos...I wish

The past week as hase been chaotic, to say the least. I wish it was controlled, but it hasn't been. The funeral for dad was on Wednesday. Many family members came into town. They came from Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Minnesota. It was great to have so much support. I'm just glad everything is over, for the most part. Now just the financial junk to take care of and all of the thank you cards. Today was my first day back at work. I caught a nasty cold in the whole process. Today I don't have much of a voice. I feel much better, though. The funeral went well, or so I'm told. My brother Erik did the life history. My dad's friend Jack gave a talk. My brothers Mike and Bryan and I did most of the music. It was a tough day. Every night since he died I think I'm going to wake up and it will all be a dream. No such luck. Thanks for all of your support.

2 comments:

Linda said...

May I just say that you are handling the caos well. I do feel for you. May you soon get a little rest and time to yourself.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I still think it is a dream at times. I also don't remember much of what was said because of all of the emotions. It is all normal. Things will get better but it will be hard for a while. I wish I could say it would be right now for you but it wouldn't be true. Remember we all love you and are here for anything you need.

Patricia