Sunday, September 20, 2009

Toughness

This week was a pretty tough one. Not with homework, but mentally. Yesterday was a year since my dad died. Many memories flooded me all week. I think the hardest thing is that I wasn't able to say good-bye and have unresolved issues.

The toughness really started at devotional. The speaker was Craig Jessop, the previous conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He shared experiences that he's had over the years. One was pretty close to what I was feeling yesterday. I just wanted to break down and cry, but I still had to play postlude.

In the afternoon my friend Jessica and I went to a movie called "Life Happens". We thought it would be a cute romance. WRONG! It was about a guy who was trying to deal with his wife's death. Thank goodness the theather was dark so I could shed a few tears. It was difficult for both of us because we've lost family members recently. It's could to have friends who can cry together.

The whole day was even worse because I had a tummy issue all day. I lost my lunch and dinner. No chicken bowls or pizza any time soon!

5 comments:

Geraldine said...

Just wanted you to know crying is good for the soul. There are many days that the tears still come at the drop of a hat. Know that your dad loved you as I do. It's nice to have good friends who can share your burdan. I love you.

Marianne said...

You truly are such an inspiration to me. You have been dealt some tough things in your life but you have a wondeful attitude and are so thoughtful of others. I'm glad you have found some great friends there. But mostly, I'm grateful you chose me for a friend so I could learn so much from you!

Linda said...

I didn't realize that it had been a year, but found myself thinking about your Dad yesterday in the car as some beautiful piano music was playing on the radio.

nina said...

I didn't realize it had been a year either. But ironically I was just thinking about him this week too. Every time I mop my floors I think... my uncle Kevin would have loved these floors. He always had a love for beautiful things. Just know that we all think of him often too and think of your family's loss. We love you. I hope time will help heal some of the sadness that his death brought you.

The Leithead Family said...

you are a very "tough" girl and deal very well with the "toughness" you have been given. I am so glad you have found some good friends down there already!