Monday, December 21, 2009

Sicker Than a Boo-Boo

As my Uncle Lloyd would say, I have been "sicker than a boo-boo" this past week. I'm not exactly how sick that is, but I'm guessing that's how I've felt this past week. When I got home last weekend my niece and nephew had a few sniffles. I didn't think much of it until I started getting a REALLY sore throat. I think I would rather have the stomach flu than a sore throat. It makes life miserable. On top of that I couldn't breathe through my nose, making it necessary to breathe through my mouth...drying out my throat even more. Makes sleeping difficult. I finally went to the doctor on Thursday and got some antibiotics. It really hasn't helped, but I'm hoping.

Being at home has been great. Since my brother and his family currently live with my mom (he's building a house), I get to see Whitney and Wilson, my niece and nephew, every day. Wilson is learning to walk/waddle. He's getting more sure of himself every day. Whitney keeps me entertained with dancing and singing. I wish I had even 1 percent of her energy. She amazes me.

I've been very lazy so far. I'm supposed to get ready for next semester and finish a project from this last semester, but that hasn't really happened yet. I need to get on that this week. I hate having to work over a break, but it must be done.

No comments: