Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Memories: Singing on Valentine's

I was in Swing Choir all four years in high school. Each year we did singing valentine's in order to raise money for our uniforms and music. One particular instance happened my senior year (I think...they all run together). I just remember that Kyle L. was in my group and we went to sing to someone in our ward. (I think Carlee was in our group, too.) We were having such a great time in the car, we laughed so much in between stops. As we went to this house, I got the hiccups. I thought I'd be done by the time we got to the door to sing. Wrong. It was so bad that I had to turn around so I wouldn't laugh. I felt so bad because someone didn't get their money's worth. But I sure had a great time.

Another time, I think it was my junior year, my group was my cousin Richard and Wendy M. We had to sing somewhere downtown. As we got back into the car, Richard backed up into a car. No damage. Just a memory to add to the list.

The experience I remember the most was when we went to sing to my Grandma Mayes. She always got tears in her eyes and gave us each a great big hug, even if she had no clue who the other people in my group were. I miss my grandma so much!

1 comment:

Suzette said...

That's cool. I was in swing choir too. Great times. By the way, the program i used to make my movie was called Pinnacle. But, Windows Moviemaker works pretty well too. Just FYI.