Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Memories - 2nd grade crush

When I was in second grade I had a HUGE crush on a fellow classmate. Around this time, my mom made a cool shirt that had pink hearts on it. I decided to wear it to school to show my 'love' for this classmate of mine. I knew he would know how I felt the minute he saw it. When I got to school, I decided I was too shy to show my shirt. I was afraid of how he might react. I kept my jacket on for a few hours. After literally sweating it out for a couple of hours, I finally realized that this guy wouldn't know that I was wearing the shirt for him. It was just a shirt....right? I finally took the jacket off. And of course, no one took any special notice of the shirt. Did anything come of out my wearing my heart on my sleeve? Nope. I don't think he ever took notice of me....thank goodness. He didn't turn out to be the kind of guy I would like to have as a significant other.

No comments: