Tuesday, January 22, 2008

frEEEEEzing in rexburg

Seriously, it's so cold I needed 5 E's instead of just 2. On the way to school this morning, the news said it was -17 with a wind chill of -35. (Yes, that is NEGATIVE 35. No sane person should see that number correlate with their weather. The high today is 7 degrees. Watch out, tomorrow it's 14. Heat front coming through.) Youch. My car almost didn't start this morning. Thanks for the new battery, dad. I'm sure it wouldn't have started without it. It already sounded like an almost-dead cat being run over again and again. I was going to take a picture of how much snow there is outside, but I was afraid the camera would break. It's a record year in Rexburg. (Darn it) Packages of hot cocoa and mittens are welcome.

3 comments:

AO said...

Not that this makes you feel better, but in Utah, we have been in the 10s and 20s, which is 20 degrees below 0 here. Good luck... I wish you could come over for some hot chocolate with me!

Beth said...

Shawnee!!! Thanks for your Christmas letter. So fun to catch up on what's happening with you. You can find our blog at erviefamily.blogspot.com Keep in touch!

Jill Lewis said...

Shawnee, I wish you could come visit me in Mesquite! Our weather is nice and warmer!