Wednesday, January 16, 2008

YIKES!

So, the semester is in full swing. I started freaking out on Monday about all of the reading I will be doing each week. Each class wants a chapter read for every class peroid. That's reading 5-6 chapters in two days, plus 5 quizzes, plus write-ups. Man, it's a lot of work. All students out there are laughing at me. I know, I know. I love it, though. Especially when I can remember what I read for which class. They sort of all ooze together. Sometimes that good, but it can be bad when they are asking specific questions and I can't remember what I read for that class because it's all jumbling together.

The temple open house on Friday was fun. I ached all over after 3 hours of standing in heels. I don't normally wear them, but I needed to be dressed like a missionary, so I did. They were low heals, but I'm not used to standing for that long any more. There were some cute kids that came through who were so excited about seeing the temple. There were a lot of non-members who went through, as well. It was interesting to see their different preparation stages.

2 comments:

Jill Lewis said...

Oh Shawnee! Good luck with your classes! The beginning of semesters can always feel so stressful.
I'm so glad you were able to attend the temple open house. We thought about making it up to go to it, but it didn't work out.
You are such an amazing person!

AO said...

Shawnee,

I saw this on Jill's blog and couldn't believe it was you! My dear friend, how are you? My husband and I are hopefully going to make it up to the open house next weekend. I'll totally have to add you to my blog list. aoloves.blogspot.com