Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Temple Open House

I was just asked to help with the open house that is currently going on for the Rexburg temple. I did not sign up previously because all of the slots for our ward got filled before the signup got to me. I didn't mind because I would be able to still attend. Well, a lady got my name from my stake presidency as a returned missionary. I will be showing an introductory video and welcoming guests to the open house. I'm assigned for the next 3 Friday nights. I am excited to be a part, small as it may be, of the open house.

I got back to Rexburg yesterday from my long Christmas vacation. I was welcomed back with a bang. There is a ton of ice on my stairs outside of my door. I was so careful walking down them the first few trips unloading my car. On the 3rd trip I slipped down three of the stairs. I now have a bruise on each of my arms, my hands got a little torn up, and my upper behind is sore. I haven't fallen the last few winters in Rexburg. Guess I had it coming. There is a ton of snow now. I don't think I've seen this much since I moved back almost 4 years ago. It's great to see, but not to drive in.

Classes for winter semester start tomorrow. I am a little nervous about going back full-time. I know it won't be bad. I just always get nervous about the unknown. I have 3 classes tomorrow. My geography lab (for the geography class I took 6 years ago at BYU), my advanced children development, and language and literature. They'll all take a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to learning more about children and their development.

Christmas was fun. I was at home for 2 1/2 weeks. That's the longest I've been home for Christmas since I graduated from highschool 12 years ago. It was a blast. I spent a few days with my brother Bryan and his family in Gillette. They then came to Lovell for New Year's. We were all together for that. I was able to do my favorite thing over the break: take a nap with each of the neices. They are all so cute. I'll be sure to post pictures next time. I watched Whitney, the youngest neice, for 5 of the days I was home while her mom and dad worked. She is a doll. Her laugh is great. It sounds forced, but it's not. I miss them all tons. I wish I could see them more often.

No comments: