Saturday, May 2, 2009

TOFW

I just spent the last 24 hours in Billings. I went to Time Out for Women with my mom, Aunt Juanita, and sister-in-law Nicole (with Wilson, the boy). Yesterday I was exausted and kind of didn't want to go, but I am SO very glad that I did. It was great. We got to hear Kristen Oaks (Elder Oaks' wife); Jennie Oaks-Baker (Elder Oaks' daughter); Hillary Weeks; Chris Stewart, and author; Kim Nelson, a hillarious author; Chris Belcher (yes, Belcher, but she says the husband is worth it); and another lady I don't remember her name, but she was funny, too. It was a great way to spend the weekend. I feel so uplifted. I wish I could do something like that more often, like very other month, to help me keep perspective. Plus, it was great to spend time with the girls. I got to see friends I hadn't seen in forever (shoutout to Carlee:)). It was GREAT. If you ever get the chance, be sure to go.

Last weekend was my birthday. We spent Saturday in Billings. You can see pictures on my mom's blog and on Nicole's blog. We went swimming and the kids LOVED it. It was a busy weekend and I was very tired afterwards, but it was great. What a way to spend a birthday. Thanks to all who made it special.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday! I put a card in the mail but got it returned to me...oops! I'll get it in there again but feel bad it will now be late! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I LOVE to read your blog and keep posted on what is going on with you!

nina said...

Heya Shawnee Marie, I'm so glad that you guys had a good time. I have heard great things about TOFW, but have never got to go.
Oh, and by the way... HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I had full intentions of calling you that day, but Brad ended up getting his calling the night before and in all honesty I completely spaced it on your birthday. I'm so sorry, I hope you had a very happy one though! Love you!