Monday, May 11, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend with my family. A bit of a contradiction, you might think. Spending time with family, all of us in the same house, and I ENJOYED all of it. Oh, there was a moment that I didn't enjoy too much. But the rest was great. Here are some highlights from the weekend. (Pictures will be in the next post.)

-Seeing Hannah and Whitney play with each other. They got along great.
-Watching Whitney be a mother hen to the other kids. She always made sure they were okay and had enough food.
-Holding Wilson until he fell asleep.
-Watching Hayden as he opened his birthday gifts. To be more accurate, Hannah and Whitney opened and played with them while he watched. He didn't even throw a fit.
-Taking Hannah shopping with me and her having to go down the Barbie isles SLOWLY.
-Mowing Bryan's lawn. (sick that I enjoy this, but I do)
-Listening to Bryan and Chelsey speak at Church. (I was in the lobby with Hayden for most of it, so I didn't get to hear everything.)
-Changing diapers and taking the girls to go potty.
-Listening to Hannah and Whitney encourage each other to go potty and telling others loudly when they each accomplished this. (Even during church)
-Just being with family.

So, there you have it. I promised pictures and they will come. There are so many darn cute ones. I don't think I exaggerate when I say they are the cutest nephews and nieces in the world!

3 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

I wondered where you guys were Sunday! I'm glad you got to enjoy some time with the fam! You are a wonderful aunt!!!

KrIStiN said...

so i pretty much think u ar the awesomest aunt in the world..those little kids are so lucky to have you!!

Megann said...

I'm glad you got to go home. You are invited to my house anytime to change Libby's diapers...I don't enjoy that.