Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tragic but True

I drove back to Logan today. On the way I listened to the radio, which played news every hour. I heard some tragic stories.

1. A lady in Florida drowned her 5 year old grandson in their bath tub. The reason? So he wouldn't grow up with divorced parents.

2. A lady in the midwest (I want to say OH, but I could be wrong) recently went to McDonald's and order some chicken nuggets. When she found out they didn't have any, she became furious. She ended up punching a teller and punching through the glass at the drive thru.

3. A recent study (done in the UK, I think) found that most children didn't learn their first word until they were 3. According to the study, by this age children should know hundreds of words. Their suggestion to help the learning of words? Interact with your children, read to them, and talk with them. Wow, groundbreaking advice. (I think 3 is a little extreme. My nieces were holding full conversations at 2.)

No comments: