Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Trip - Stage 1.5/2.5 - Isanti

My mom and I were able to visit her sister Laretta in Isanti, MN (an hour north of the Twin Cities). The day we got there, they got major tornado warnings. My cousin Mandi and her family were at a campground nearby so they also waited it out at Laretta's house. We headed down to the basement to wait it all out, so I didn't get to see/hear much of the storm. We did go out to look at the wall cloud, but quickly headed back inside.


This is Mandi and her daughter Ella on the steps leading downstairs.


Laretta and Mom playing it cool in the basement.


We also had the opportunity to go to the St. Paul temple on a Tuesday evening. I had never been inside a small temple before. It was VERY small, but of course still beautiful. It was nice to go with family, even though there were only 3 of us.


Laretta and Mom outside the temple.

Mom and I outside of the temple.

After we were done we went to Olive Garden and had some VERY delicious food. I had to text Lauri Jo (Laretta's daughter) every so often because we wanted her with us. It would have made the trip that much more enjoyable.

One thing about Minnesota that I LOVED was how green it was. On I-90 headed east, the freeway was lined with corn and soy beans. Every piece of land was used for crops. After a while it got monotonous, but it was still beautiful.

No comments: