Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Trip - Stage 5 - Nauvoo Temple

Mom and I were able to attend a session at the Nauvoo Temple. What a special treat! The wood throughout the building was amazing. The locker rooms were even out of wood rather than like normal locker rooms. Gorgeous! It was surprisingly small. I kept expecting it to be like the Salt Lake temple (aka huge), but the rooms were about the size of the Billings temple. One unique thing was the large meeting room where they used to hold conferences and such. It was neat to see things that I'd only ever seen in pictures.


The view from the front of the temple. You can see the Mississippi in the distance.

Me by the plants. I couldn't believe how large all of the foliage was in the area. I guess that humidity is good for something.

No comments: