Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kirk!

I can't believe that it's that time of year...Happy birthday to my youngest brother, Kirk. I know I cried when you were born because I wanted a sister instead of another brother, but I am so grateful that you are you. I cried more tears as the years passed by, either because I was frustrated that you wouldn't listen or because of how special you are. I have laughed because of the funny things you've said at the most inappropriate times (like during church when you yelled 'shut up' during a talk). I have been frustrated by your incessant asking to go the Red Apple. I have loved sitting on the couch with you to tickle your feet and arms. When you sing your songs, it brings a smile to my face. It's been amazing to see how much you have grown through the years, and especially this year working with Janet. I would give anything to be able to know what you are thinking at any given moment. But most of all, it brings joy to my heart to know that one of God's special children was sent to be my brother. I love you, Kirk.

3 comments:

nina said...

Oh so sweet! We all love Kirk too.

Chelsea Tippetts said...

What a great post! Happy Birthday Kirk!

Jem said...

I love your brother too. I substituted at the school and he made me laugh many times. I also love driving by and seeing him jump on the tramp. Happy Birthday Kirk!