Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Singles Ward, parts 31-45

I went to a singles ward on Sunday for the first time in a while. This singles ward is different than anything I've experienced before. It's a ward for singles aged 31-45. The only singles wards I've gone to are for 18-30. I've been on the older end of things for those types of wards. In this new ward, I'm on the younger end. A very strange feeling. It was amazing to realize how diverse the ward really is. There are people there who've been divorced and who have children. There are some, I'm sure, who are widows/widowers. Then there are those like me who have never been married. It's quite the mixture of people. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about attending a singles ward again. I'm tired of all the games that people play in the dating world. But I figure that I need friends in Logan, since the 2 I had last year moved. I have friends in my program, but they are all married. I need friends who are single....thus my decision to attend a singles ward. Plus, I was reminded in my institute class last week that every person needs to keep marriage as their first priority, even those who are single. Most days I'm okay with being single. It's a lot easier than being married for sure. But with that reminder, I guess I need to keep my options open. (Ug. Thanks a lot, Brother Harding.) What better way to do that than attend a singles ward for old people like me. ;)

4 comments:

Linda said...

I've never heard of such a thing but I think that you will like it. Have fun =)

Marianne said...

'Old', who are you calling old...its been a while since I've seen or talked to you. By the looks of it, you are still enjoying life. Miss you!

Jess said...

Wowza! I am soooo proud of you for going to the singles ward. I think it will be an adventure indeed. I hope you make lots of friends to make up for those who left;) I love you so much and miss you just as much too. Can't wait to see you!

Leticia Pope said...

I hope you're counting me still as a friend even though i left :( I miss you tons and can't wait to hear of your fun adventures in your singles ward :)