Monday, January 10, 2011

Memory Monday: Chats with Mom

This last week while I was at home I kind of wasn't feeling well. When I get tired and run down, I usually get emotional. I started crying and asked my mom to tuck me in, which she gladly did. It reminded me of how she used to come and chat with me on my bed all the time. I would usually be reading in bed before falling asleep and she would come in and sit on the edge of my bed to visit. I think those were probably some of the best times because I had one-on-one time with her, which didn't happen often in a household full of other kids. I don't remember anything specific we talked about, but I do remember being happy when she would take time to come and talk with just me. Sometimes the chat would only be for a couple of minutes, kind of a summary of my day. Other times she would sit with me for hours and listen to me whine about my problems and concerns. I think because of these chats, I can honestly say she has always been my best friend. She has never betrayed my confidence about anything that I've told her. (I can't say that about many people.) Mostly I just remember feeling loved because she cared enough to take time out of her busy and chaotic world to make sure I was happy and loved. I have been so blessed to have a great mom. I love you!

1 comment:

Suzette said...

That's a great memory. What a great mom.