Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Stable/Dependable Thing in my Life

As of this week, I have owned my car for 6 years. It's the longest relationship I've ever had with someone who isn't family. I bought it from my cousin Mark. It was one of the first cars he every bought with a rebuilt title and fixed up. I'd say this is a great advertisement for him. (Plus, he couldn't really go wrong with a Toyota.) Here's a few reasons it has a place in my heart:


I have never named it. Nothing has ever stuck in my mind as a name because it's never really given me any problems (knock on wood). (Suggestions for names welcome.) It has gotten me through many snow storms and icy conditions...often pulling out of a spin at the last moment before trouble.

It gets GREAT gas mileage...over 40 on the highway. It's great because I drive home so often.

Yes, the CD player has decided to not work, but I still have the radio. (Thank goodness for old country while driving through the wilds of Wyoming.)

It's been patient with all the children I've piled into the backseat with their car seats. And with all the messes they leave behind back there. (Okay, some of them are mine.)

It has never complained about the dust on the dash that has piled up over the years. It doesn't mind that it doesn't get washed every week, or even every month. It rejoices in the rain baths that it gets.

It has been registered 4 different times in 3 states, and it doesn't mind wearing UT plates.

This past year it has loved having covered parking. It doesn't mind a little pile up of snow, though, which it has gotten this break in Wyoming (thanks to my brother who piled up the snow he shoveled onto it.) :)

Although there are a few paint chips, window chips, and hub cap chips, it still gets around with beauty and grace.


I couldn't have asked for a better car over the last 6 years. I figure I still have about 40,000 miles until it gives out. I figure the body of the car will go before the engine does. Thank you, Corolla!

No comments: