Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monday Memories: Big Hunk


This is a memory from when I was 4 or 5 (I would guess). My mom took me to one of my first movies at the Hyart in Lovell. All I remember from the movie was a lady who crash landed her plane and sat next to a tree for a long time. The other part of this experience was the Big Hunk candy bar. Before the movie, I had the chance to get some candy. This didn't happen very often so I wanted to be sure I got the most out of it. Thus the Big Hunk...the largest candy bar available. I think I ate the whole thing during the movie. That's A LOT of candy for a 4 or 5 year old. After the movie we went over to my grandma's house. (I think there was family in town and they had gone to the movie with us.) I remember feeling so sick to my stomach when we got there. Too much candy will do that to a person who doesn't eat it regularly. (I'm pretty sure it would happen to anyone who eats a whole Big Hunk in one sitting.) Needless to say, anytime I see a Big Hunk candy bar, I get sick to my stomach. Even thinking about it now brings a queezy feeling. I wish I had been cured of eating all candy. Not so. Just Big Hunks.

2 comments:

Suzette said...

I loved Big Hunks when I was little. And I think that movie must have been Solo.

tapname said...

I remember going and watching a couple of movies when we came into town. I do not remember what they were though. Aren't memories fun(most of the time).

Patricia