Sunday, February 13, 2011

Monday Memories: Earliest Memories

My earliest memories go back pretty far...my first year of life. A few years ago I asked my mom if we ever lived in an apartment with a sloped ceiling (and I described the rest of the apartment). She asked me where I had seen a picture of it. I said I remember sitting on the bed and looking around the apartment. She couldn't believe it. She said it was an apartment that we lived in in Provo...when I was under 1 year old. I have no idea how I remember that, but I can still see a picture in my mind.

Another memory was after we'd moved to Lovell and lived in the house I grew up in. I was sitting by the front door, one of those old solid things. I was crying pretty hard and I remember thinking, "I need to remember this." I'm not sure how old I was. I remember my mom comforting me and telling me that 'he' would be back. He was my dad who had gone to work. I've been told numerous times that I was a daddy's girl. Mostly when he was vacuuming. He had to hold me while he vacuumed. My mom recently told me I was also a mommy's girl...I guess it happens when you're the oldest and don't have anyone to play with.

No comments: