Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Cough....continued

So, I still have the cough. It's been over 4 weeks. I am in Lovell visiting family and decided to see the doctor while I was here. When I went in on Thursday. The doctor decided, without doing anything, that it's probably asthma related. So he sent me straight way to see the respirator therapist. She gave me some breathing tests, a breathing treatment, and then the tests again. She said that if it was asthma related, the scores on the tests should have been significantly better the second time, which they weren't. So I was sent back to the doctor. He listened to my lungs and then quoted some author by saying something like "a mystery shrouded in confusion, blah, blah, blah". Since he couldn't figure out what the cause of the cough was, he decided to treat the cough itself. (FINALLY!!!) He gave me some cough syrup and some cough pellets (little gems that are pretty cool looking). They really haven't gotten rid of the cough. Today it was pretty bad. I wasn't able to stay at church for the whole time. I left early for a nap. After church my brother Erik came over and gave me a blessing for health and strength. I have faith that it will help.

No comments: