Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kids say and do....

I love working with 2 and 3 year olds. They say and do the craziest things. I do miss working with the babies; they are much quieter and a little less nicer to each other. But I wouldn't miss some of the funnies that I get to be a part of.

- I would guess that I hear the question "Why?" about 25-30 times in 5 hour day. I've found the best way to stop the next why is to ask them, "Why not?" They will look at me like I'm weird and then stop asking. At least for a few minutes.

- I love when they figure out my name and they say it in their cute little voices. It often ends of sounding like "Sauny". Once they figure it out, they are quick to use it and then say, "Watch this." I am always 'watching' something. At least, when I'm not answering, "Why?".

- We have a male teacher that comes in for a few hours to help out when we are in our transition times. One day while we were outside, he was playing 'horse' with some of the kids. One of the little girls had a full-out breakdown because she couldn't hold his hand the whole time. She was kneeling on the ground crying into her arms. When I asked her what was wrong she told me the teacher was mean because he wouldn't hold her hand. I almost lost it. I had to softly remind her that other friends need to have turns, too. It took some soothing, but she finally became happy and trotted around with the other children.

- When asked where milk comes from, one kids correctly identified 'cows'. I asked where it comes out of the cow. Some of them thought the nose. One boy piped up with, "Its (boy member part)". Oh, and this was during lunch. I had to quickly stop myself from laughing and say they were called utters. (Obviously this boy has had the talk about differences between boys and girls.)

- And, of course, I hear, "I can do it myself" quite often.

I'm going to try and be better about blogging the 'funnies' and cute things so that I can remember them.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What a fun way to spend the day!! :D