Saturday, August 31, 2013

Family Oldies

I had insomnia the other night and decided to look through some old photos.  I often forget some of the treasures that I have.  I decided to post some on the blog so I can have an electronic copy of them.

 This is a four generation picture of my mom, her mom, and HER mom.  It's Geraldine, Nellie May Mayes, Nellie Haggen, and I am the adorable baby.

I remember this picture being taken.  I was super excited to hold Bryan.  I think this was the day that he came home.  I love the retro drapes, chair, and clothes.
Mike, me, Erik, and baby Bryan

My dad and me on his graduation day.  He graduated a few months after I was born.

 Yet another retro chair and some awesome drapes.
Me and Erik.

This picture totally cracks me up because of all the faces of the boys.  The family pictures were taken very late, and I think we were just trying to stay awake.  Obviously Kirk didn't succeed.
Mom, me, Mike, Dad, Kirk
Bryan and Erik

My Mom's parents
Deloy and Nellie May

My grandmother.  I think this was taken about the time she served her mission to the northern states.  I love her hair.  I missed the Haggen gene for thick hair.

This was taken a few weeks before my grandpa passed.  
Back: Robert, Juanita, Geraldine, Kevin, Pauline, Joe, Laretta, Lloyd
Front: Linda, Grandma, Grandpa, Claudia, Richard

Great Grandpa and Grandma Haggen

Part of the late-night pictures.  I was trying really hard to hide Kirk's binky.  Kirk didn't want to settle down for the pictures.
Bryan, Shawnee, Kirk, Erik, and Mike (sitting)

Me and Mike.  Yet again, some awesome drapes in the background.

 My mom on her graduation day (from BYU)

This is one of our family favorites.  Our neighbors flooded their garden and it ran into our back yard.  I found the boys taking a mud bath, and I decided to join them.  I do remember only putting mud on my face and arms, which were easy to clean.  The wash-off with the hose was freezing!
Mark, Erik, me, and Mike

Another retro couch.  I remember this couch.
Me and Erik

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those pics are awesome! Thanks Shawnee. :)

-Spencer

nina said...

I love the picture where your brothers were trying to stay awake, lol!