Saturday, August 24, 2013

March 2012

It's been almost 2 years since I last posted.  I figured I might to catch up a little bit.  At least for the months that I have pictures for.

In March of 2012, I was able to go home for Spring Break.  Right before going home, my Aunt Anna (my dad's step sister) passed away.  She had been sick for quite some time.  She was sick even when she came for Dad's funeral 3 1/2 years before that.  I didn't know her well because she lived in Oregon, but she was always so very nice to me.  I only remember her and her family coming to Lovell once when I was really young.  I saw her a few times when I got older.  Since I was home for spring break, Mom and I decided to fly to Oregon.  We stayed in Salem and the funeral was in McMinville, which is up the road a bit.  We flew in and rented a car.  It was so beautiful there, even though it rained buckets on the day of the funeral.


This was her casket.  It was beautiful.  We were under a large tent because it was raining so hard.  The ground was very squishy.  It's weird what we remember during things like this.


This is the cousins who were there.  It's me, Brenna, Troy, one of Brenna's kids, one of Rob's daughters, Angela, another one of Rob's daughters, Rob, and Lisa.  In the front in front of Angela is her daughter.

Cousins again.  Troy, Brenna, Rob (all siblings); Angela and Lisa (sisters), and me.  This was the first time I'd seen them in ages.  It was great to get to know each other again.

Angela, Aunt Gail Esplin, and Aunt Susan visiting before breakfast.

I kept myself entertained during breakfast by playing with the 4 year olds (Angela's daughter and Brenna's son Landon).  They were absolutely hilarious and plenty entertaining.  I love it.

All of us at breakfast.  Jim, Lisa, Susan, Gloria, Angela, Rob, Landon, Brenna, Troy, and Mom.

We were able to go up to the temple and walk around the temple grounds.  We went into the visitor center as well.  We didn't have time to do a session, but we wanted to visit, anyway.  It was in a very beautiful area.


It was great to see my dad's family, even under the circumstances.  Mom was asked to sing at the funeral, so I played for her.  It was kind of different because they sound system being used to record it was in a closet.  So, we got to be in the closet while she sang.  We couldn't see anyone and they couldn't see us.  It was weird.  Kinda nice at the same time because it can be kind of scary being in front of people.

No comments: