Friday, August 21, 2009

The Longest Week Ever...Until Next Week

It has been a VERY long week. Right after Sacrament meeting on Sunday, I headed to Rexburg. I stayed with my friends the Wildes in Rigby (just next to Rexburg). I asked Landon to give me a blessing because I was freaking out inside. My brothers had given me a blessing the week before, which I truly appreciated, but I guess I just needed more confirmation that I was doing the right thing. It was an AMAZING blessing. (Thank you, Landon!)

Monday morning, first thing, I had a doctor's appointment in Rexburg. It wasn't the most fun visit, since it was my yearly check-up, but I got a clean bill of health (or as clean as I can get). He did tell me to watch my blood pressure, but I was already working on that. He put me on a new medication to help with some issues I have been having. Another $35 to add to the growing list of medicines. I remember the gold old days when I was healthy and had no medicine to take. Of course, I had the same issues then that I do now, I just didn't know it yet. After my appointment, I went back to the Wilde's and spent a few hours playing with the kids and Marianne. It was so much fun to be with them again. They were some of my best friends when I lived in Rexburg and I miss seeing them so often.

Tuesday I did pretty much nothing. It was great.

Wednesday I decided I needed to be productive so I unpacked a few more boxes and got my computer desk set up. My apartment is coming together nicely. I have pictures of it, but have the wrong USB cord for my camera, so I can't post them yet. That night I went over to the Pope's house for a bit. They've been so nice to let me hang out with them. I'm afraid I might make a nuisance of myself over there.

Thursday I had a 4 1/2 hour long orientation. B-O-R-I-N-G. My head hurt afterwards, mostly from trying to stay awake through it all. That night I went with the Popes up to the creamery. We decided to walk, not knowing that it was about a mile away. (Josh knew, but didn't tell us exactly how far because he thought we already knew.) Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but USU is on a HUGE hill and I was wearing flip flops. I'll just say that I dang earned my ice cream. (By the way, USU has the BEST icecream I have ever tasted. Sorry, BYU. Makes a great root beer float.) We were tired and sweaty (Josh and I at least) by the time we got back to their apartment.

Today I had a job interview for a "Child Development Teacher" at the hospital. Basically, it's a fancy name for a day care for the hospital employees. It would be fun to work there. I should hear next week sometime. I then had a 2 hour orientation with my department today. It was much more entertaining and informational. Now I am freaking out again wondering if I am going to be able to succeed at this stuff. I feel so unprepared and I'm not sure what questions to ask, so I feel like I have blinders on. Should be interesting, to say the least. Tonight I went to dinner with the Popes. (Like I said, I'm becoming a nuisance to them.)

Anyhow, it's been a long, tiring, stressful week, and school hasn't even begun. Plus, I miss my family so dang much it doesn't make things easier. It would be great if I could see my munchkins for just a few minutes and get a hug from my mom. *Sigh*

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Hang in there!! :) Hopefully things will get on track and you will get in a schedule! Good Luck!! You will do just fine Love ya!

Greg and Michelle said...

So do classes start tomorrow?? Good luck with everything!! You will do awesome because that is the only way you know how to do things! :)

Geraldine said...

Here is a big HUG. I love you. You will do great!!!! hang in there. Love you MOM

Marianne said...

Sounds like you are doing great already! No really! I think you are underestimating yourself...you are a strong and wonderful person who will do absolutely wonderful!