Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Memories: Muddy

Our neighbors down the street from us had a garden that was right next to our backyard. (Our block is a little screwy with land boundaries.) Mr. Ravell grew HUGE pumpkins every year. He usually watered his garden by flooding it. Well, one day the flooding came into our yard. At the time we had a little shed at the back of the property. The water pooled right next to it. I went out to see what my brothers were doing that afternoon only to find them in a mud puddle. Our cousin Mark was there, too. I remember getting mud on a few places on my body, mostly my arms, legs, and face. I remember thinking that it felt neat when it dried out. Well, the boys were a little more liberal with placing mud on their bodies. We have a picture of how muddy we all were at the end. I can only imagine what my mother thought when she saw us all, especially when one of the children wasn't her own. Needless to say, we got washed off with well water. BRRR! We have a picture of us showing off our muddy bodies. Someday I'll have to scan it so you can all see how bad it really was.

No comments: