Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Montreal: Day 2

Thursday, March 31
6:30 a.m.: Wake up (this would be 4:30 Utah time)
8:20 a.m.: Begin attending SRCD conference
4:30 p.m.: Head back to hotel on VERY sore feet
6:30 p.m.: Meet up with some friend for dinner
7:30 p.m.: Finally find a restaurant that had openings
11 p.m.: Go to bed

The SRCD (Society for Research in Child Development) conference was amazing. So much research is being done on so many different areas. I mostly attended sessions on math (my thesis and dissertation topics) and bullying (an area of interest). I also tried to attend the poster sessions where Maegan or others we knew were presenting.

Maegan and my adviser Ann in front of one of their posters.

The building our conference was held in. It had restaurants, art shops, and a whole bunch of other things. A very interesting building.

Maegan, Ann, Belinda, me, Robert, and Nancy in front of a cathedral after eating Chinese.

We had the best Chinese that night! I'm normally not one for Asian, but this place was great. I got the least Chinese-like dish, beef and peas. It usually doesn't agree with me, but no problems this time. It did take us a while to find a place that wasn't full. We started out at a French place, which was full. Montreal does food so differently. It seems that the restaurants plan to only fill their tables once a night. Eating out is the only thing people plan for the night. We were at dinner for over 2 hours, and the management didn't seemed concerned at all. (That's how it was everywhere we went.) After dinner we walked around a bit. The company was great. By the time we got back to the hotel, my feet were feeling very sore. I think it was because I wore new shoes that day and they weren't broken in very well. I had blisters the next day.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love it! Looks like you had a super fun time...glad you got to go!