Monday, April 11, 2011

Montreal, Day 5

Sunday, April 3
4:50 a.m.: Wake up and get dressed (Yes, that would be 2:50 UT time!)
5:45 a.m.: Get to the airport
7:30 a.m.: FINALLY get through security and customs (It was a madhouse! There were many impatient people who, I guess, thought they were more important than everyone else in line. Maegan and I were just glad that we had gotten there early enough for our flight.)
8:45 a.m.: Board the plane
2:30 p.m.: Finally land in Salt Lake. The flight from Detroit to SLC as the longest ever. I felt like I could have litterally climbed the walls of the airplane. There were children on the flight who behaved better than I did. I really didn't lash out. I just was extremely antsy. I think the 3 1/2-4 hour flight was about 2 1/2 hours too long.
3:30 p.m.: Eat at In-n-Out in Centerville
4:30 p.m.: Heave a sigh of relief as I enter my apartment. As much as I enjoyed the who trip, I think the flight home did me in. I pretty much slept straight for the next 36 hours, even missing a class. It was a great conference, but I'm glad I don't have to travel across the continent more than once a year.

No comments: