Monday, April 11, 2011

Montreal, Day 4

Saturday, April 2
8:30 a.m.: Get up (Yes, we slept in 2 whole hours! Of course, this was still 6:30 UT time, which was way too early)
9:30 a.m.: Go eat crepes again (Our hotel had a 'complimentary' breakfast, but it wasn't anything to get excited about)
10:30 a.m.: Attend a poster session of some USU colleagues
12:30 p.m.: Attend MY session (Okay, not really mine, but the session that I helped with a presentation for. Belinda, the lady who did the presentation, did an amazing job. I wish she could present my thesis for me.)
2:30 p.m.: Head back to the hotel (Maegan stayed for more sessions. She's a better person than I.)
6:30 p.m.: Meet up with Ann and Belinda for dinner at a French restaurant (Had the BEST chicken ceasar salad EVER! The sauce was a cream. Oh, I wish I could get another one.)
9:00 p.m.: Have a chat with Maegan, even though we were both tired.
11:00 p.m.: Go to bed

This was my favorite building (the green dome) that I saw in Montreal. I have no idea what it was, but it was beautiful. One night our bus drove by it, but it wasn't lit. Such a disappointment. It was only a few blocks from the hotel, but I never ventured towards it to find out what it was (sore feet and all).

This was some funky artwork that was in the conference center. Maegan and I just had to get a picture next to it. We couldn't decide if they were trees or pink hands growing from the cement earth. Whatever they were, there was a slew of them.

Maegan, Ann (our adviser) and me at the conference.

Ann, Belinda (the lady who I've worked VERY closely with the past few months) and me.

A sculpture in front of a university downtown. It was very interesting. It was something about the light and how those who were towards the back were farther from the light and therefore were worse off in life. Very interesting.

No comments: